Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sell-Off Status Update

Craigslisting: Ehhhh...I like it when things sell fast, but I get aggravated if a potential buyer asks 10 million questions and then drops off the face of the earth. All my single baby stuff is gone, but my twin stuff is just sitting there....

Ebay: Gah! I really must say this is not my favorite outlet for selling smaller lots...too many fees and rigamorale...

Yard Sale: Well, I am still trying to determine my pricing strategy for the yard sale. I typically like to price things a bit higher and then immediately mark them down (can you tell I spent many years working retail?), but I am not sure how that will work with a yard sale? I am counting on people trying to make offers though so I do think I will price a bit on the higher side...any suggestions?

I haven't tried out Consignment selling, but I wanted to add 2 other selling venues for baby/mama gear (and some other stuff too!):

Diaper Swappers

Spots' Corner

Both of these sites allow you to sell items that you are no longer using to mamas that may need them. You would want to save these sites for gently used clothing/shoes/maternity items b/c they would need to be shipped. (ummm....I won't tell you how this is working out for me... ...I'll just say try to post your items and run without looking at anything else!)

Let me know your status!

No comments:

Post a Comment