Saturday, May 9, 2009

Craigslisting Craziness!!

Okay..you caught me! It's true...I am a huge blog slacker...it seems whenever I actually think about what I want to write I can't get anywhere close to the computer, but on days when I have nothing to say I seem to have unlimited computer time. Ugh!

I promise to TRY to do better.

Anyway, by now you should have had plenty of time to organize your stuff. Unless of course you are blessed to have a hubby that collects crap (oops, I mean stuff!). If you do, then you might run into a problem. (Or if you collect "stuff" too you might have an even bigger problem!) There are 2 ways to deal with collections:

* If the collection is a genuine, legitimate collection that your spouse (or you!) loves, the best bet is to find a good place to actually DISPLAY the collection. This may seem like going against the BtoB way, but you may actually have to find & purchase (or swap for or barter for or whatever...) a storage unit to keep the display neat and free from tiny, grabbing hands.

*If the collection is made up of "I can't walk past the $5 DVD bin at Walmart without grabbing at least 5 DVDs"...then you can institute the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule of BtoB life is: "If one comes in, one goes out!" That means for each new addition to the DVD collection, one DVD needs to find a new loving home. This rule requires you & your family to really think about whether or not to make a new purchase.

On to the Craigslisting...
*Take great pictures of your gear in an area free from clutter and with good natural light!
*Post your listings on the weekend when lots of people are already in "shopping mode" and most likely just got paid!
*Include as much description as possible for your item...google it (better yet Swagbucks it!) and get the manufacturer's description to copy and paste into your ad.

Another great idea...CONSIGNMENT SALES!
If you don't have time to deal with individually selling items yourself, look around for a nearby consignment shop and have them do the work for you! We do not have any really close in my area so I have not gone this route, but I have heard great raves from other mamas about this method!

Alright mamas, post your craigslisting tips or success stories here!

No comments:

Post a Comment